Watching Boogie Grow

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Quickly Growing into Mommie's Shoes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

The baby princess..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

April Fools Recap...

Friday I woke up and thought..Hhhmmmm its April Fool's I'll send out an email to everyone and tell them that I am in labor.  Then I thought no way Jose you will freak everyone in your family out beyond belief.  So I didn't because I didn't want to scare everyone, I was good.

Well the universe that had been conspiring against me all week had other plans.  About 9:15 I started having contractions, and by noon when the nurse called back they were pretty strong and pretty regular.  I counted them out at about 10 minutes apart.  I was told to go to Labor & Delivery and get checked out because I was only 33 weeks and well that is just a bit early for  a baby if you can help it.  So I went, and by the time they got me back and got me hooked up to a monitor the contractions were about every 5-6 minutes.  Not unbearable but very noticeable and now I was worried.

It took 5 hours to actually see the doctor, which I thought was just a bit much considering that I was now having contractions every 3-4 minutes and they were more painful.  I was checked and there was thankfully no progress but they were coming quick and strong, so I was given fluids and a pill to try to stop them.  I think the fluids made it worse rather then better, and I was asked to go leave a urine sample so they could check for a UTI.  Now let me tell you, I have had a UTI they suck, and I know what they feel like, but I had no symptoms what so ever, not one.  Guess what I had a UTI and it helped to start the contractions.  So then I get antibiotics and more fluids, now by this point, really I am writhing in pain because the contractions were so hard and so close together, and I had amazing back pain.  This is honestly the pain point with PJ where I got the epidural because the contractions were so strong, but no epidural Friday night, I just sat and waited, and waited and waited.

I saw the doc again very briefly to be checked to make sure I hadn't progressed with the hard contractions, and while I had softened a bit there was do dilation, so I was give the choice to either stay the night or go home.  Well this was already an expensive date night for Jon and I so we chose to go home.  We could get back to the hospital quickly if we had to, and our bed was definitely more comfortable then what I was in there.  So with scripts in hand we headed home at 10:30pm exhausted an thankful that Princess #3 had decided to stay put.

Looks like the April Fools joke was on us!  That will teach me to even think about joking about being in labor.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

HA! Well, I'm glad that you were not in early labor and that you will be feeling better soon!