Watching Boogie Grow

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Quickly Growing into Mommie's Shoes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

The baby princess..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My, my, my how time does fly....

One year ago today right about this time (9.30am) my husband and I were loading up our then 3 year old and getting ready to drop her off at daycare.  Not unusual except that my husband was usually at work by now, and the 3 year old had an overnight bag, and so did I.  One year ago today our family went from 3 to 4.   We checked into Northside Hospital around 10:30 and at 6:26pm we were holding our little Addison.

 She came into the world weighing 7lbs 12.2oz and 20.5 inches long!

She was nicer then her sister and instead of 2 hours of pushing like with Boogie, she was here in about 3 pushes.

 Her daddy was proud and at some point snuck down to the gift shop to buy her first UGA dog.  It is now a tradition.  Boogie has one too. :D

 Soon Nah Nah showed up to have a look at our new little addition.

 And after all that hard work and attention it was time for a nap.

 There was lots of snuggle time.

 Lots and lots and lots of pictures.

 Visitors that just couldn't get enough of her...

 Conversations with mommy of course..

 Oh that pretty face and those alert eyes, and finally....

 Big sissy made it to the hospital to welcome her little sissy.

 She was simply transfixed by this little person

 All she wanted to do was look at her baby sissy.

 Finally we got all suited up and it was time to go home...

And we were greeted by family, friends and a pretty dusting of snow when we got there.

 Things have changed a little in a year, you've really grown up, but

Your big sissy is still transfixed by you.

Your eyes and little face still brighten my day...

 Your a little mischievous, which I am sure you got from your daddy.

 You have to examine everything, especially close up.

 You love your daddy to distraction and have him wrapped tightly around your little finger.

You, like your sister, are the love of my life and the joy of my heart.  I never realized that my heart could open so much and be so full of love until we added you to our family.

Happy 1st birthday my little Addison!!

1 comment:

Jan Messali said...

Awww, she's adorable! Happy Birthday Addison!