Watching Boogie Grow

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Quickly Growing into Mommie's Shoes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

The baby princess..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Addison has arrived!!

Addison Grace decided to join us last Wednesday evening.  She came into the world pretty quickly once we started the whole pushing part of labor.  Contractions started about 4:15am so I timed them and got up when the alarm went off to get ready for work.  By 6am the contractions were 5 minutes apart and Jon was having to decide wither or not to go into work.  See Jon works about 300 feet under ground and I can't reach him by phone and it would take about 2 hours for him to get above ground and to the house and/or hospital, so he decided that he would stay home and see what happened.  He ran out and got us some breakfast, Boogie finally woke up at 8:15 and we left the house for Ms. M's house about 9am or so.  Contractions were fairly strong but my first labor took a while so I wasn't in a rush to get to the hospital.  Dropped off Boogie with her bag and got to Labor and Delivery by about 10am.  Checked in and got into a room where they told me that I was only 2cm dialated and 50% effaced.  Gggrrrr I was so emabarrased, they don't even like to induce with that little dialation.  Still I was in a gown so they let me hang out to see what would happen.  Checked about 1:30 and I was 3 to 4 cm so the doc agreed to break my water and start Pitocin.  We were having a baby for sure.  Yay!

Okay people so with Boogie by the time they started the Pitocin I already had my epidural, this time I thought I would wait it out as long as I could.  Pain that is what a Pitocin contraction feels like, pain lots and lots of pain.  Like you are being ripped apart and after about 2 hours of this I needed the epidural.  I love epidurals, they are awesome, they make everything better, the world is a beautiful place and those contractions can go to Hades!  One the lovely epidural was in I took a nap.  The nurse came back in to check on me at 6pm to see how I had progressed and Addison was right there, she said she could feel hair, Good Lord, nothing like checking at the last minute.  The doctor came in and said Ohhhhh its show time.  She got ready, and I pushed out 7lb 12ounce Addison Grace in 5 pushes.  Yay!!  So much easier then her big sister who took 2 hours to join us. 

She is so beautiful, she has a head full of dark hair and we think maybe blue eyes, but we'll see.  She is quite a sleeper at the moment but is not giving us to much sleep at night as to be expected.  She had her one week check up today, and other then looking like a banana baby becuase of juandice she is doing great.  Lost a bit more weight but not to much.  We are in love with our newest addition, and Boogie loves her little sissy.  I just can't wait to see what the future holds in store for both of my girls.  They are the loves of my life, along with my husband and they all make my life so wonderful.  It's an adventure every day and I thank the lord for them all.

Now here are a few pictures of the newest Booger butt.  Enjoy!!

Just a few minutes old..



I am in love with my new little daughter.  Maybe just a bit tired though.



This is one proud daddy right here.



Looks like I am not the only one that is a little tired.



Time to go home from the hospital..all bundled up becuase



This is what it looked like in georgia later that day..4 inches of snow!



Proud daddy with both of his little beauties.



Pretty little face, and possibly a little quizzical. :D



5 days old and just hanging out with Auntie S.   This picture really reminds me a lot of Charlotte when she was this age they look very similar.

I promise there will be more pictures to come..hope you enjoyed this preview of baby Addison...our little Jellybean.