Watching Boogie Grow

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Quickly Growing into Mommie's Shoes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

The baby princess..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dreams....

Jon loves cars ALOT.

I can really see the artistic merit in the restorations of these gorgeous old cars, not to mention the power that they left the assembly line with. I grew up with a father and grandfather that rebuild old cars and made them run like new and look gorgeous. So while I might resist a little just for show, I actually really love these car shows as much as Jon does.  It appears that Boogie may be following in our footsteps,she loves to go and look at these amazing works of art.

This was one of Jon's favorites of the night, the color was really gorgeous, the picture doesn't do it justice.


Boogie was excited becuase she got to sit in a rail dragster and play with the steering wheel.  She tried to strap herself in, that's when we got nervous.


Then she saw this one and immediately exclaimed "Look Daddy this one is just my size."  Uh huh just her size with a giant engine.  I don't think so at 3 years old.


This however was the car that really caught Boogie's eye.  She turned to Jon and said "Daddy you can build this for me."  Jon laughed and said uh no, I am not building you a Corvette.  Boogie got quiet and walked away.  We got to the next car and I noticed that she was really quiet and kinda pouty,so I aksed her what was wrong.  She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said with a trembling lip,"Daddy just crushed all my dreams."  It was the saddest thing that you have ever seen, but she cheered up when we found the pink cadillac. :D


I said that I would never drive a station wagon, but this is the one exception.  This is a Chevy Nomad, and I would drive the wheels off of one of these.  They were stylish, roomy and fast, fast, fast.  We found one once in Conyers in a repo yard for $3,000 and just couldn't afford it at the time, the hardest thing to walk away from, but one day we'll find another one.  One day....


This is a great collection of Rat Rods..these really are very interesting, they are made to look rusty beat up and driven hard, but the way that they are put together with bits and pieces, makes they very interesting.  People find interesting parts and transform them into parts that work as other pieces, they are really intersting engineering oddities.


A very unique tow truck.


This is what we call a delivery truck here in the South.  Nothing like a little White Lightening.


This paint job was amazing, I am sorry to say I don't know the name of the artist, but this was done with scenes from Atlanta. Famous people, places, teams, and of course the Varsity and Krispy Kreme. Mmmmmm Krispy Kreme, sorry I lost it there for a minute.

Just one more look at the car.  All sides had differnt scenes, it really was a great piece for the show.

Here are just a few more of the great cars that we saw that night.



This one had a optional steering wheel.  Right Shweth?  LOL


Another great example of the drag car.


This car was amazing...I just have no words to explain the level of detail, it was fabulous.


This was my favorite find of the night...there is nothing like a dad passing on his love of cars.  Especially if its to his daughter.  A trait that seems to run in my family.  Just remember honey she wants a 1982 Covette  with Lambo doors painted purple, white and gold...it's her dream.

2 comments:

Tamara Ann said...

Oh Lordy! I can't wait to see your insurance bill in 13 years when she gets that 'dream'! At least the girl has good taste!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

What a great post! Those photos are gorgeous and can I just say that there's nothing sweeter than a father and his child sharing a special moment. What a great way for them to bond.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama
liveandloveoutloud.com