Watching Boogie Grow

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Quickly Growing into Mommie's Shoes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

The baby princess..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

Planning for a trip around the world....

So I finally convinced my loving wonderful husband that it was time to take Boogie for a trip around the world.  Walt Disney World that is.  Boogie will be 4 in October which is about the time that I went to Disney for the first time and I still remember parts of that trip, so I figure it was time for her to go too.  I was born and raised in Florida, growing up in the shadow of  "The Mouse", we went to Disney at least 4 or 5 times a year.  I looked it up and the first year that I went to Disney it cost $9 for a child, we shucked out 30 times that to get Boogie's ticket, now that is inflation people.  However, I love, love, love Disney, it is pure and simple magic, especially for a small child.  Jon on the other hand would rather be covered in honey and laid in an ant bed, then step foot on the property of Disney.  I secretly think that this is why god saw fit to give us two little girls.  Hee hee.

Anyway, I finally just told Jon that both of her cousins had been to Disney so now it was Boogie's turn to go, and that we were going to go the way I always wanted to go.  So when I got my yearly bonus I bought our park passes, and decided to wait for the hotel, because buying the park passes about killed me. I bided my time and looked and looked and looked, and finally Disney offered me a good deal...40% off a club level room here.....

The Contemporary hotel, I have always wanted to stay here, I mean what is cooler then a train that goes right through your hotel.  I have tried to play this feature up to Charlotte but she is not that impressed, I keep trying though.  The other feature that I like is that you can simply walk to the Magic Kingdom from the hotel.  This will be a great feature for us since on Boogie's birthday I booked her a 8:05 appt to get all dolled up at ...

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique inside of Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom.  This early appointment means that we get to go into the park before it opens.  We can stand on Main Street and see the castle without all the crowds, Boogie is VERY excited about this.  I am getting her dress and everything before hand for her to wear in, and so it makes the hair and make up a good bit more reasonable.  To see Boogie get treated like a princess all day on her birthday is well worth the cost of the experience to me.  After her appt we will have all day long in The Magic Kingdom for rides pictures and parades.  One of the rides that she is most looking forward too, other then the roller coasters are these.....


The Tea Cups were always one of my favorite rides at Disney and I can not wait to take Boogie on them.  In regards to the roller coasters you have to be 40 inches tall to ride,  so at least once a week we have to measure Boogie against the wall to see how tall she is getting.  The other night Jon had to do this and he told her she had shrunk, it was not a pretty site, and Jon had to do some quick back paddling.

For dinner her birthday night we are heading over to 1900 Park Fare to have dinner with...



It's not Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle, my wallet about died when I looked at the prices to eat there but apparently this is one of the better dinners because not only do you get to see Cinderella and Prince Charming, but the Tremaines show up as well.  Now Boogie for some reason is simply fascinated by the villains in the Disney  cartoons, so to be able to meet Lady Tremaine and her daughters might out way the excitement of meeting Cinderella.  I just can't wait to see her face when she gets to meet them all.

The other good thing about our room is that it will face the Bay and from our balcony each night we'll be able to watch the Electric Light water parade.  We won't be able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the room, but there are balconies in the club lounge that face the Magic Kingdom so we can just trot down and watch them from there.  I may possibly be at least as excited at the birthday girl, and October just seems so far away.

Since October is so far away I have put in place a few Fairy Godmothers to keep the excitement up.  Just yesterday, Boogie got her very first postcard from Mickie and the Gang.  They told her they were very excited that she was coming to spend her birthday with them and couldn't wait to see her.  They also said they would keep in touch until her visit.  Boogie got to take it out of the mailbox and her face just lit up.  There will be more postcards in the weeks to come, and I think they are a great idea to get a little one excited and tell them little secrets about the trip.

So for now we just keep planning and saving and looking forward to the trip.  I keep telling Jon that once we go for the first time there is no turning back, all the blood drains from his face every time I remind him.  I just hope that Disney can  work its magic on him, and he will see the park in a whole new way, through the eyes of a 4 year old little girl.



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh this makes me want to go to Disney sooo bad! I can't wait to take Allie Claire when she gets a little bit bigger (she just over-ed her fear of the Chic-fil-a cow). Hope y'all have a great trip!

THE Stephanie said...

Oh, she will have such a great time! My brother and I always gave my parents a hard b/c they never took us to DW. Until 2 years ago.

We were 33 and 31. LOL.